Crystals and gemstones are gifts from earth that promote healing in both humans and animals. You may be asking yourself, “How could a rock possibly be of use in healing my cat or dog?” I wondered the same thing myself before learning about and exploring crystal healing through study and practice over a decade ago. To understand exactly how crystal healing works on animals, it is important to understand that all living beings are made up of energy and possess electromagnetic fields. Each crystal, gemstone and mineral resonates at a specific vibrational frequency and amplitude that in turn attracts the energies of particular qualities and traits to an animal. Those energies mix with the animal’s own energy field. For example, if a particular dog or cat has suffered abuse, I would choose a crystal like rose quartz that energetically resonates with the qualities of healing, love, comfort, relaxation and trust. The animal most likely will not possess these traits right away, but since they are the desired traits for her, our goal with the crystal is to have her energy field move into resonance with, or in the direction of, those traits. This is a non-invasive form of healing and one that our animal companions resonate well with since they seem to be closer to nature than we are.
There is no right or wrong way to choose a crystal. For people, it’s easy enough to pick one up in your hands and see how you feel. Does it vibrate in your hands? Do you feel a sense of calm and clarity? Is it warm or cool in your hand? But choosing a crystal for someone else, including your pet, can cause some confusion so here are five healing stones with their properities to help you choose wisely.
- Clear Quartz is known for its amplification and transformation benefits. It can enhance levels of vitality, alleviate emotional extremes, speed up healing, and boost the immune system. It’s also very helpful in reducing pain and inflammation. If there’s only one crystal in your collection, this is the one to have.
- Amber, although not really a crystal (it’s fossilized tree resin), is known for both its calming and energizing effects. It’s regarded as protective, detoxifying and purifying. This is one of the crystals to consider for dogs with allergies, respiratory or digestive issues or chronic infections of any kind. It’s a wonderful option for older animals, bringing a sense of calm and positivity.
- Amethyst is a member of the quartz family and has a reputation of “ease.” Amethyst is a must-have for easing grief after losing a loved one or for use during the dying process. It can ease fear, panic attacks and separation anxiety. Amethyst is noted for its stress reducing abilities.
- Black Tourmaline is the ultimate protector. Our dogs are like little sponges and pick up our energies and others in the environment, whether emotional or physical. This crystal is especially helpful for the dog who spends a lot of time in human company. Think black tourmaline for skeletal problems, muscle strains and pains, and hormone imbalances.
- Selenite is often used to clear your other crystals of negative energies they pick up from the physical and metaphysical environment. Its very fine vibration aids in clarity of the mind and clears confusion. Selenite has wonderful physical healing properties such as releasing tightness and soreness anywhere in the body while aiding in flexibility. Selenite has an affinity to the spinal column, helping with alignment, and some say it’s helpful for those with seizures. I place a piece of selenite under each of the dog beds as well as my own mattress to assure a restful night. Be aware, selenite dissolves and breaks easily when handled roughly!
Intrested in purchasing crystals for yourself and/or pet? Each in my shop has a description of the stone along with its healing properties. For more information viit: https://www.chakrahealingmiami.com/
SAVE by using Coupon Code "InstaLove" to save 15% on your purchase! Global Shipping Available.
Love and Light,